• 1 bunch of kale, washed and dried and torn (or chopped) in bite-sized pieces
• Goat cheese (optional)
• 1/2 to 2/3 cup roughly chopped whole almonds
• 1/3 to 1/2 cup Goji berries or cranberries
• 3-4 roasted and diced beets depending on the size of the beets (Costco sells cooked organic beets if you want a quicker option)
• 1/3 to 1/2 cup of a vinaigrette-based dressing (recipes below).
VINAIGRETTE FOR KALE SALAD
In a jar mix together:
• 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
• 1/2 cup olive oil
• 2 to 6 tablespoons of dijon mustard— depending on the taste and consistency you want
• 1 teaspoon of maple syrup or honey, optional
• Sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
Shake well—about 20 to 25 seconds. I usually make this dressing as I need it, but you can make it ahead and store it 3 to 4 days.
Place kale in a large bowl.
Pour half the dressing on the kale and using your impeccably clean hands make sure all the kale pieces are covered. Add more dressing, if necessary.
Add cranberries, diced apples, sliced onions, and blue cheese. Add a bit more dressing if you want. Place in the refrigerator.
When ready to serve add, the blue cheese and toasted walnuts.